A meeting of heros

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A meeting of heros

Post  Kiera on Tue May 26, 2015 10:08 pm

Some general campaign/GM explanation information.  
Background/GM text will be posted in blue, to differentiate it from my character's actions.
GM announcements such as turn start/end or requests for specific players to roll dice for character actions will be in Red.
If you would like to post things that your character is thinking feel free to italicize the thoughts to differentiate them from regular actions or audible speech.
You are welcome to color code your character's actions to differentiate them from your character's speech if you'd like, but please avoid using GM colors blue and red.  This should hopefully help us all to be able to follow the action more readily.  Since we are all new to this some modifications may be made to these campaign guidelines, if that happens I will post them in thread as well as here in this initial post.  Thank you and lets have fun!

An assortment of people have all received the same message.  Their assistance has been requested at a specific set of coordinates at 12:00 Galactic Standard Time.  Local time happily coincides quite nicely to Galactic Standard time and as the meeting time approaches the sun is shining down warmly.  The coordinates are a somewhat out of the way portion of the local space-port, appearing to be a well maintained but seldom used landing strip.  The only odd things about the location is that there appears to be no one around despite the set meeting time rapidly approaching, and there is a somewhat large size tree right in the middle of the landing strip.  The tree casts a pleasant shadow on the landing strip providing a somewhat cooler area for meeting on this warm day, but it appears very much out of place.  It is impossible to tell if the tree is actually rooted in the ground or not as there does not appear to be any cracks in the duracrete around the roots system.

Last edited by Kiera on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:57 am; edited 3 times in total

Kiera
Admin
Admin

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Willow
Level:
13/20  (13/20)
Hit Points:
93/93  (93/93)

View user profile http://swsagamain.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Re: A meeting of heros

Post  Matt09 on Tue May 26, 2015 10:17 pm

A small 6 year old Baragwin exits one of the starships arriving in the spaceport. She immediately starts jogging towards the location specified by the coordinates they were given. She glances back over her shoulder and hollers "Hey Ash! Hurry up! I don't want to be late!"

Matt09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Matt
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
29/29  (29/29)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boodle on Wed May 27, 2015 10:07 am

A young teenage human girl exits the space-ship soon after the Baragwin. She looks a little bit annoyed but still has a slight smile on her face at the antics of her younger charge. "I'm coming, I'm coming, calm down Matt!" she yells back as she jogs to catch up.

Boodle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Ash
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt09 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:36 am

Matt slowed down a bit, looking up at the tree as she approached the meeting location. "That's a funny tree." She said as she walked into the shade circle.

Matt09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
29/29  (29/29)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boodle on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:43 am

Ash approached the tree soon after Matt. She immediately started climbing on the tree. She looked at Matt as she climbed and said "yeah, and you're a funny person."

Boodle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowscm629 on Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:57 pm

An old woman watched the young ones with interest from the hidden shadows of the space port. She did not know why she was called to meet at this place, but she had a feeling that the youngsters in the tree would be important.

meadowscm629
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Serenity
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
17/17  (17/17)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starkiller on Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:09 pm

A battered public transport lands at a terminal in the spaceport. It sits for a few moments while the pilot does some post-flight checks. Finally satisfied that the ship landed safely, the pilot lowers the ramp and a young Zabrak woman meanders down it. She's 20-something, tall, bronze-skinned, and well-muscled. She slings a battered backpack over her shoulder as she reaches the bottom of the ramp. She pauses for a moment to get her bearings before angling off in the direction of the remote landing field she was summoned to.

As she approaches the field, she takes note of the mysterious-looking tree in the midst of the duracrete field before she notices the older woman, teenager, and child who have arrived before her. A smile comes to her face which reaches her violet-coloured eyes and she raises a hand in greeting. "Hello," she says as she stops about a meter shy of the odd tree.

Starkiller
Admin
Admin

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Ria Kova
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
24/24  (24/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiera on Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:49 am

The bark of the tree seems to shift slowly soon after the Zabrak calls her greeting and a face appears from what previously looked more like knots and a crease in the bark. One of the branches on the opposite side of the tree from where the teen girl is climbing moves as if waving. The Neti smiles sweetly towards the newcomer and says "And Hello to you too. Ria isn't it?"

Kiera
Admin
Admin

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
13/20  (13/20)
Hit Points:
93/93  (93/93)

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt09 on Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:04 am

Matt starts to climb the tree on the side that just waved.

Matt09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
29/29  (29/29)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boodle on Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:47 pm

Ash climbs quickly down from the tree and says surprisedly "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you could talk!"

Boodle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirstel on Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:56 am

A well dressed Bothan walks into the landing strip from the direction of the main hub, green clothing highlighting their brown hair just so. She walks gracefully, as if she knows she's suddenly the centre of attention.
“Hello folks! I hope I haven’t kept you waiting? Now that Esmeralda's here we can finally get started!” she said, as she gestured to herself grandly.

Dirstel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Esmerelda
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
18/18  (18/18)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starkiller on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Ria's eyes open wide in shock as the tree speaks. "I, uh, yeah. I'm Ria. But you... I mean... I thought the Neti were just a myth.," she stammers. She stares at the tree for a moment before she notices the arrival of the Bothan newcomer. "Hi Esmeralda, welcomed to Weirdsville, population: us."

Starkiller
Admin
Admin

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
24/24  (24/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiera on Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:27 pm

New Turn/Round

The tree grins and seems to chuckle a bit at both the Bothan's announcement, and the Zabrak's confusion.
"Forgive me, I didn't mean to startle anyone. I was just absorbing some energy while I waited for you all to arrive. I find it difficult to find the time to remain still long enough to do so in an efficient manner while on missions. But we can now get started, that is, if these young ones would kindly stop climbing on me."
The tree slowly shifts again and the branch Matt was perched on becomes more of a slide, quickly forcing her back to the ground. The tree continues to shift slowly becoming more and more humanoid, the shift eventually resulting in a somewhat androgenous humanoid figure wearing a standard Jedi cloak, which one can only assume was hidden somewhere in the foliage of the tree before the transformation.
"Now then, it does seem that we have most everyone here, though some may choose to join us later. We should start with introductions. Let's see if I can get all of this right. As already introduced we have, Esmerelda, and Ria. And based on the descriptions given to me from the temple the younglings here are Ash, and Matt. And I do believe I spotted someone else over there in the shadows that may just be intended to be a part of our group, but I cannot be sure. And of course, I am Willow. Did I get all of that right?"
She gestures towards each individual as she states their name, nodding off into the shadows as she mentions the unnamed lurker and ending with a smile.

Kiera
Admin
Admin

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
13/20  (13/20)
Hit Points:
93/93  (93/93)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dirstel on Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:32 am

Esmeralda moves around so the person who's maybe in the shadows is in front of here as she bows again. "Good day, fellow adventurers! Weirdsville, eh. I hope I shall enjoy my time here."

Dirstel
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Esmerelda
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
18/18  (18/18)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt09 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:42 pm

Matt climbs to her feet looking a bit put out as she says "Hey! I was having fun."

Matt09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
29/29  (29/29)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Boodle on Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:48 pm

Ash watches the Bothan walk up to the area then shifts her gaze back to the transforming tree. After the introductions she looks at the newly humanoid Neti and says "Oh, Master Willow, I've heard of you! I didn't know you'd be leading this mission."

Boodle
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
32/32  (32/32)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  meadowscm629 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:45 pm

The old woman approaches the group slowly, but with no difficulty in her walk. "My name is Serenity. I know not why I am here, simply that I felt the pull to be here. I am sure in time I will know my purpose here."

meadowscm629
Apprentice
Apprentice

Primary Character Sheet
Character Name: Serenity
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
17/17  (17/17)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Starkiller on Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Ria blinks away her surprise. Glancing around from person to person to, uh, tree, she raises her hand and waves hello. "Hi, I'm Ria Kova. I'm a wilderness expert."

Starkiller
Admin
Admin

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
1/20  (1/20)
Hit Points:
24/24  (24/24)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiera on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:38 pm

Turn/round

"So, I guess we should get down to why we're here today.  A few younglings have gone missing from the Temple.  You were each asked for specifically due to either your connections with the younglings or due skills that may assist us in tracking them down.  At this point we are unsure whether they took off on their own or whether there's something bigger at play.  Matt here," *she gestures towards the young baragwin* "was good friends with Liza, the younger of the two that went missing.  Ash was friends with Danny, who also happens to be Liza's older brother.  And Serenity, both of the younglings originally came from your clan.  The temple knows how much you care for your young ones and we thought you'd like to be aware and possibly help us to find them.  Ria, this planet is pretty harsh at times and we may well end up searching on others as well, so your skillset could come in handy.  And Esmerelda, if this is something bigger than two younglings taking off, your particular skills and connections may serve us well.

We met here on Agon Nine as this is their home planet and the village that they came from is here, our first thought is that they may have tried to return home.  But as I understand it the clan has moved since they joined the Jedi, and they may be heading straight into the desert.  Serenity, I'm hopeful that you can remember where the clan was located when they joined us seven years ago, or give us some idea of where to start our search.  Any questions?"

Kiera
Admin
Admin

Primary Character Sheet
Level:
13/20  (13/20)
Hit Points:
93/93  (93/93)

Back to top Go down